Learn more about HP Embedded Web Server.
For other helpful videos go to http://hp.com/supportvideos or http://youtube.com/hpprintersupport.
More support options for your printer are available at http://hp.com/support.
Know more about the EWS functionalities:
– The device information is contained at the top of the page including the model number and IP address.
– There is a menu bar that goes across the page to take you to different information and configuration categories.
– The menu along the left side of the page provides access to different configuration options inside the selected category.
– The search bar helps you quickly find the configuration options you are looking for.
– The Sign In Sign Out button that allows us to gain access to all the features of the HP EWS.
– The Information tab provides an overview of your HP printer.
– The Device Status tab is a quick dashboard that shows you your supplies and media status.
– The Configuration Page allows you to discover the current printer firmware version, product configuration, and an overview of your current security settings.
– The Event Log page shows the date and time of the error and more.
– The Control Panel Snapshot page shows the current screen on the printer.
– The Print page on the Information tab will allow you to send print-ready files and PDFs directly to the printer without the need of a printer driver.
– The General tab provides access to various settings to control the general functionality of the printer.
– The Home Screen Customization page allows you to change the button order and even set a custom wallpaper for your printer.
– The Alerts page provides an easy way to get notified if the printer state meets one your specified conditions.
– The Date Time Settings page permits you to adjust your printer’s date and time and even allows you to configure a network time server.
– The Backup and Restore page allow you to save the printer configuration to a network folder and then restore that configuration to the same printer or another printer of the same model.
– The Copy Print tab allows you to change the default copy and print settings.
– The Print from USB Drive Settings allows you to turn off printing from the USB drive to meet customer’s security requirements.
– The Print Quality page offers configuration of the default print quality settings, management of the image registration, the ability to auto sense behavior, and customize paper types.
– The Copy Settings page modifies the default options for copy jobs and allows you to manage quicksets.
– The Manage Trays page provides a quick way to modify paper types and view the status of each paper tray.
– The Scan Digital Send tab provides configuration for scan destinations and contact configurations.
– The Email Setup can be configured to work with Gmail, Office 365, and other cloud-based or on-premise email servers.
– The Scan to USB page can be used to turn off the USB port for scanning or to create scan to USB quicksets.
– The Contacts page allows you to import and export your contacts as well as configure LDAP lookup to get contacts from your LDAP server.
– The Fax tab provides the option to set up analog fax using an internal modem.
– It also allows you to quickly manage your Fax Speed dials, control Fax Archiving settings, and view the Fax Activity Log.
– The Supplies tab is a quick way to manage the supplies warning thresholds.
– The Troubleshooting tab is used to manage reports and tests, perform calibration and cleaning, reset the printer to factory settings, and upgrade printer firmware.
– The Security tab provides overall management of the main security features of the HP Printer.
– The General security page is for setting passwords.
– The Account Policy page controls the password complexity requirements.
– The Access Control page provides authentication methods and locks out access to certain features unless you have authenticated.
– The Protect Stored Data page controls hard drive security such as encryption and how to erase and manage jobs stored on the device.
– The HP Web Services tab is for configuration of HP Connected services and HP JetAdvantage solutions enablement.
– The Networking tab provides the ability to control the communication functionality of the printer.
– The Wireless Station page, if available, allows you to connect to an existing wireless network.
– The TCP IP page controls the network connection information.
– The Network Settings page contains configuration options for SNMP settings.
– The Other Settings page shows several additional communication protocols that are active.
– The Authorization page allows you to specify a list of IP addresses that have authorization to access the HP EWS.
#HP #HPSupport #HPWebServer
SHOP NOW: http://store.hp.com/us/en/
This video was produced by HP.
Introduction to the HP Embedded Web Server | HP Web Server | HP