“Speaker: Andrew T. Baker
You’ve built a fine Python web application and now you’re ready to share it with the world. But what’s the best way to deploy your app in 2017?
This talk will demonstrate popular techniques for deploying Python web applications. We’ll start with a simple Flask application and expose it to the world five times over as we learn to use different tools and services available to the modern Python developer.
Specific topics covered include:
* Exposing your local dev environment with [ngrok](https://ngrok.com/)
* Using a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) like [Heroku](https://www.heroku.com/)
* Going “serverless” with [AWS Lambda](https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/)
* Configuring your own VM with [Google Compute Engine](https://cloud.google.com/compute/)
* Thinking inside the box using [Docker](https://www.docker.com/)
We’ll also briefly touch on the pros and cons of each technique to help you figure out which one is right for your app.
At the end of this talk you will have a basic understanding of how each of these techniques work and you’ll be ready to try them out yourself.
Slides can be found at: https://speakerdeck.com/pycon2017 and https://github.com/PyCon/2017-slides”